Acne is a common problem encountered by people across age groups. The origin of these can be ascribed to multiple causes. The most common among these is associated with the onset of puberty. This is a time when the body begins to secrete chemical compounds to stimulate the growth of sex specific characters. Pimples are commonly the result of the reaction of these chemicals with the skin, thereby causing pimples. Pimple popping is the most immediate solution that one can offer for acne or pimples related to other causes. The effect is immediate; it removes the pimple in entirety. However, the aftermath of this action may not go down well with your body.
Why Popping Pimples Can Be Dangerous?
Pimple popping can lead to permanent scars on your face. Though most of the pimples are harmless, they cause the skin to bear an unattractive look. This is the main reason that teenagers resort to various means of removing them which are not at all recommended. The pimples that are associated with acne can be a deterrent to the looks and appeal of any person. Many would be tempted to pop their pimples wit fingernails or even a sharp object like a needle.
5 Things to Remember Before Popping Your Pimples
There are things that you need to know before you pick up a needle and ‘get rid’ of your pimple.
- If the pimple has not matured enough, popping it may lead to scars. Scars related to pimple can be very difficult to remove. Thus, it is best if you wait for the head to turn white. Only then, proceed with the popping.
- Infections – The threat of infections for popping carried out in an unhygienic manner can never be underestimated. Infections can lead to serious issues later on; much more serious than a short-lived pimple.
- Go through the instructions from the internet or consult a dermatologist – If you have decided to go ahead with the popping, the least thing you can do is to consult a book or more conveniently, browse the internet for some essential tips. Most sites would tell you to avoid doing it yourself. However, an extractor can be used to extract the pus. A very important thing to note here is that bare hands should never be used. Instead, a cotton swab that has been sterilized should be used to handle the pimple.
- There are certain specific types of growth that should not be tampered with. These are the cysts and nodules. The growth of these pimples is governed by complicated factors. Thus, it would be best if you do not tamper with your pimple and instead, see a dermatologist.
- If the pimples persist for long, it is best to consult a doctor. It may be the result of some unknown process in your body.
Normally, the safest procedure to get rid of pimples is the natural way of letting it dry. Nothing lasts forever, and pimples last only for a maximum period of 1 week. After that, these would dry up and peel off. Popping it would only enhance the risk of other parts of the skin getting affected.